If you do a search online for “wedding trends” you will find dozens of blogs and websites that are devoted to showing the hippest ideas, colours, shapes and accessories in the wedding planning world. From rustic nature inspired centrepieces to pastel bridesmaid’s dresses and handwritten signs leading the way to the reception, there are many Pinterest-worthy photos online of cute and trendy wedding ideas. When you are planning your wedding, should you follow these trends?
If you see something on a wedding website that you like, you can feel free to incorporate it into the design of your wedding. However, it is important not to feel like you are a slave to wedding trends and that you must make your wedding look a certain way. It is your special day, so your wedding should be unique to your tastes and personality. You and your sweetheart are both one of a kind people and your wedding should reflect who you are.
For example, there are always new trends every year when it comes to wedding venues. One year it might be really hip to get married in a rustic setting such as an old barn or an abandoned warehouse. With plain wooden tables, straw on the floor and candles in Mason jars this type of wedding can be charming and romantic, but if it isn’t your style you shouldn’t feel pressured to go along with the trend.
Whether you are choosing a wedding venue in Cheshire or anywhere else in the UK, you should choose somewhere that suits your personality. If you would feel best getting married within a historic castle, or a stately hotel, or a modern and stylish resort, go with the venue that makes you feel most at home. There are plenty of halls, historic houses and hotels in Cheshire to choose from so you will have enough options! You could even consider having your wedding reception somewhere out of the ordinary, such as at a swimming pool, a zoo, botanical gardens or a beach. Think outside the box and you will have a fantastic and memorable wedding.
Also, don’t be afraid to do something a little out of the ordinary at your wedding that will make it stand out. For example, instead of having a band or a DJ as the entertainment you could consider having a salsa dancer give a dance lessons to your guests. Or, you could hire a troupe of belly dancers or acrobats to perform. This will certainly make your wedding memorable and be fun for your guests.
Ways to Make Your Wedding Unique to You
Here are some ideas for making your wedding a special event that reflects your unique personality:
- Think about the hobbies that you and your hubby enjoy and come up with a way that you can incorporate them into your wedding. For example, if you both love painting you can display some of your artwork at the reception. Or, if you travel a lot you can show snaps from your most recent adventures around the globe in a slide show projected on the wall.
- If you have any friends who are musicians, ask them to play at your wedding rather than hiring a band. They will be touched that you wanted them to be part of your special day and the music will be so much more memorable.
- You don’t have to wear the traditional wedding dress if you don’t want to. There are many different styles of dresses out there, so choose something that makes you feel beautiful. It doesn’t even have to be white!
- Write your own vows. Take the time to put into words the way you feel about your partner so that you can say something unique and meaningful on your wedding day. Speak from the heart about why you love each other and there won’t be a dry eye in the house.
- If you have a dog (and you think he will be well behaved enough!) let him be part of the wedding party. There are even doggie ring bearer cushions that he can strap on so that he can carry the ring down the aisle.
These are just a few of the ways that you can make your wedding unique and special, so don’t worry too much about trends – just be true to yourself!